CIFF (Copenhagen International Fashion Fair), longest running fair in northern Europe and international fashion hub, is right around the corner. Alongside exploring the latest fashion collections of our beloved brand Diemme as well as of many other brands at the fair, there are plenty of activities and places you can explore in Copenhagen. We curated a small guide of go-to places so you have somewhere to start your memorable journey through the capital of Denmark.
You should definitely stroll down “STRØGET” - Copenhagen’s famous shopping street, which also happens to be one of the longest pedestrian streets in Europe. With it’s high-end boutiques, design shops, flagship stores and sightseeing spots it is a shopping paradise for fashion enthusiasts. By visiting “NYHAVN” you can dive deep into a charming and colorful atmosphere. At this super central district you can find cafes, bars, restaurants and many vibrant buildings that line the picturesque waterfront creating a postcard-perfect scene. The district is also a hub for relaxing boat rides along Copenhagen’s canals.
If you are into museums you can start your exploration at one of Copenhagen’s most celebrated museums, the “GLYPTOTEKET”. There are countless reasons to go there: The museum houses not only a diverse and extensive range of art collections, but the building itself is an architectural work of art. Art lovers, history enthusiasts and everyone who is interested in getting a journey through time and cultures - this museum is the place for you. Another museum for your bucket list is the “DESIGN MUSEUM DENMARK”. It’s an art space where every curious mind gets the chance to immerse themselves in Danish design heritage, from fashion to furniture. For more art, architecture and national collections “THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF DENMARK” and “THORVALDSENS MUSEUM” should not be missed out.
Museums aren’t your thing but you're looking forward to a great shopping adventure?
In this case we won’t let you down either. If you have a penchant for avant-garde, innovative and cutting-edge fashion labels, “STORM COPENHAGEN” is an absolute must-visit. It’s a beautiful, renowned concept store in the heart of Denmark’s capital city catering to both men and women. Another brand you should check out is “ARTIKEL KBH”. Their functional and aesthetic clothes are made in Copenhagen and sold in their gorgeous, hyper-minimalist store located in Vesterbro. “JEROME VINTAGE” is your place to go for the best curated collections of once-in-a-lifetime fashion pieces that can’t beat the quality. Another ultimate destination to discover Copenhagen’s offer in the fashion realm is “LOT29”. Their collection is well-curated, showcasing a colorful and vibrant selection.
After a long sightseeing and shopping day don’t miss out on having a break and get a nice dinner. Here are our favorite restaurants with chic interiors and innovative cuisine:
- SMØRREBRØD SCHØNNEMANN: It’s a traditional Danish restaurant where you can probably find the best typical Danish bread: the Smørrebrød.
- BARABBA: Renowned for their delicious lasagne (that you simply have to try!), a fun atmosphere, late-night kitchen and fantastic Italian menu, this restaurant is the perfect dinner spot.
- KADEAU: Here, exquisite New Nordic cuisine made with organic and locally-sourced ingredients meets a sophisticated atmosphere complementing the served dishes.
- HØST: the warm and cozy restaurant celebrates the best of Scandinavian ingredients and offers a welcoming setting for a fashionable dinner.
- If you can’t decide what type of cuisine you want to try or you’re simply up for a little snack, the food market “TORVEHALLERNE” is the perfect destination to satisfy your culinary cravings. With a diverse array of food options it’s a delightful experience for everyone.
Embrace the concept of “hygge” as you delve into Copenhagen’s culture. Enjoy your adventure during CIFF and make the most of your trip!